RULER Institute: Creating Emotionally Intelligent Schools with Marc Brackett, Ph.D., Dena Simmons, Ed.D. and the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence Trainers in Collaboration with The Willows Community School
Wednesday, February 6, 2019
Thursday, February 7, 2019
8:00 am – 3:30 pm
The Willows Community School
8509 Higuera Street
Culver City, CA 90232This highly interactive, two-day institute provides administrators and educators with the foundational skills and tools to bring RULER to their schools or districts.
Administrators, teachers, and staff for grades Pre-K through 12th
A minimum of 3 attendees per school (we recommend school teams of about 3 to 5 educators with 1 school leader, 1 school-based mental health professional, and 1 educator) Additional Ruler InformationRegistration Fee: $6,250 for 3 attendees (minimum) + $1,750 per additional participant (up to 2 total for a maximum of 5 attendees) Registration Includes:
- Daily refreshments and lunch provided during the in-person training
- Four web-based or phone coaching sessions per implementation team, to be used over the academic year immediately following the training
- Follow-up electronic newsletters to support with the rollout of RULER at your school or district
- Access to the RULER Online platform for all school administrators, faculty, and staff for one year after the training date which includes comprehensive resources to support implementation.
The training will consist of two full days of interactive and reflective activities that teach the skills of emotional intelligence and the tools developed at the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence to support individual growth and to improve school climate. During the training, implementation teams will also have time to start strategizing how they plan to bring RULER to their school or district, starting with how they will train the rest of the staff.
The RULER Institute is a crucial step for bringing RULER to a school or a district. The two days of training are designed to equip each school or district team to lead RULER implementation. RULER Implementation Support includes:
- Online curricular materials and resources accessible to all school faculty and staff
- Two online courses available to all school faculty and staff
- Four one-hour virtual coaching sessions available to RULER implementation team in the calendar year following the in-person training
- Monthly newsletters with tips and resources
Please fill out only one (1) registration form
per school or district team. We recommend that one person registers for your school or district. Your school's point person will be responsible for answering questions about your school/district, as well as your team's contact information. Please have your team's names, titles, and emails ready for input.
After Registration/Payment is received, The Willows and the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence will be contacting you with logistical information, an agenda, and a link to online training for the February 6 & 7 Training.
Please contact Susan Sleeper, email@example.com
or 310-815-0411, if you have any questions. Thank you!